Founder & CEO
call: p: 858.519.3248 | c: 562.889.2001
“If you merge what you’re passionate about doing with serving others, you don’t have a job—you have a future.”
Over the last 35 years, Damian has served clients in their commercial real estate brokerage and investment needs. Damian has managed the transactions for leases and purchases of all property types, totaling more than 2 billion dollars. Damian works with decision makers to leverage real estate and proficiencies towards bottom-line savings while protecting their interests. Damian sees McKinney as an extension of his family, and everyone at McKinney values his ability to calm the waters when they’re rough, and to serve as a guiding light.
Damian’s reputation is internationally recognized, strengthened by his deep understanding of the current economy and diverse experience in multi-market real estate transactions. After experiencing the level of care and integrity that Damian took with their companies’ real estate, many clients requested the same level of service in their individual real estate investing. Damian now invests in real estate on behalf of his clients. Damian is the expert at identifying value-added investment opportunities to fit each client’s needs. Damian lives his life for the sake of others. Whether working with clients or serving his family and the community, Damian’s goal is to empower others to become better versions of themselves through knowing the McKinney team.
- US Freightways – portfolio management of 5M+ SF distribution facilities nationwide
- Alberto Culver – portfolio management 3M+SF distribution facilities worldwide
- Union Supply Group – portfolio management 700,000+ SF industrial facilities nationwide
- Molina Healthcare & subsidiaries – portfolio management of 4.5M+ SF medical office nationwide
- HM Electronics – portfolio management of 203,070 SF industrial & manufacturing nationwide
Awards & Recognition
- San Diego Top 500 Influential 2016
- CoStar PowerBroker, 2015, 2016
- SDBJ—Most Admired CEO—Finalist 2013, 2016 & 2017
- San Diego Daily Transcript’s Top Influential 2014<
- Corporate Alliance—Carma Award 2014
- Center for Wealth and Legacy—Inspiration Award 2014
- BYU—N. Eldon Tanner Award, “Mr. Integrity” 2014
- Real Estate Brokerage 1K SF to 1M+ SF
- Acquisitions $1M to $100M+
- Investors $50K to $500M+
Chief Financial Officer
call: p: 858.519.3245 | c: 858.243.2111
“As CFO, I focus not on the bottom line, but on the relationships that create the bottom line.”
Lori McKinney has over 30 years of experience in maximizing finances in investments of real estate and portfolio management. She takes pride in providing clients with confidence in their real estate decisions by maintaining a fiduciary approach. Lori has been the CFO of McKinney since its inception in 2010, and in just five years, annual gross revenue doubled. Much of McKinney’s financial success is owed to Lori’s financial expertise and procedural capabilities.
Lori assists investors and owner-users in managing expenses, budgeting, and forecasts, as well as strategic remodels for maximum value adding in real estate investments. She is thorough and careful with each asset and maximizes value for future disposition. Lori also brings her financial expertise to the asset management team through financial forecasting and asset repositioning. She carefully prepares tax documents for all investors and keeps important dates for clients. Lori is responsible for everything that approaches a balance sheet or profit and loss statement.
Lori inspires the McKinney team to become better versions of themselves and ensures that team members are able to achieve personal growth and continuing education. McKinney team members look to Lori McKinney for her strength in leadership and calming presence. When Lori’s out of the office, she enjoys spending time with her grandkids and serving on the board of community organizations.
Awards & Recognition
- Winner, CFO of the Year – SDBJ, 2016
- Finalist, CFO of the Year – SDBJ, 2015
Certifications & Affiliations
- Tax preparation — Certification
- Certified Financial Planner
- Alpha Kappa Psi— Academic Group
- Ensuring Confidence in Real Estate Decisions
- Financial Forecasting
- Asset Management to Add Value
- Dynamic Team Building
Director of Investor Relations
call: p: 858.519.3247 | c: 858.229.5597
“Dunlap 101: Start every day with gratitude and surround yourself with appreciative people.”
Julie has over 20 years of experience in commercial real estate and legal underwriting. Over the course of her two decades at McKinney, Julie Dunlap has become an integral member of its Executive Team. In that time, she has grown her talents in the commercial real estate industry across sales, research, networking, and relationship building. She oversees and manages corporate services and asset & property management and has an extensive proficiency coordinating real estate transactions with owners, real estate brokers, attorneys and investors. She prepares and negotiates leases, reviews CAM reconciliations/annual budgeting, and maintains tenant relations.
Julie is also an integral part of the investment team, including the oversight of acquisitions and management of assets in excess of $500 million. If there’s one thing Julie knows, it’s that success is found in the details. She effectively manages critical dates, escrow requirements, and formation of all documents.
Julie is driven with unprecedented motivation – what makes her happiest is when clients are confident that she has their best interests at heart. Julie sparks the up-and-coming next generation of McKinney so they can manage all aspects of serving clients. As she builds teams to get projects across the finish line, her electrifying personality fires up, leads, and inspires. When she isn’t reviewing documents or at the gym, Julie can be found enjoying quiet time at home with her cat, Jasmine.
- Christie Parker & Hale, 42,112 SF Class “A” office, Total Savings / Concessions $8.4M
- Neighborhood House Association, 12,100 SF Kitchen and Office Facility
- The Cannery at Iwilei, Honolulu, HI, 100,000 SF office/industrial project (acquisition, property management, asset management & disposition)
- Airport Center, Honolulu HI 165,000 SF Class “B” office project (acquisition, property management, asset management & disposition)
Partial List of Clients Served
- One Reverse Mortgage
- Neighborhood House Association
- Union Supply Company
- The Harbor Club
- MMW Inglewood
- Nikkiso, DMA Corporation
- Technology Assurance Group
- Zeeto Media
- Gunderson Dettmer
- Ocean Aero
- Multi-Location Corporate Services
- Real Estate Brokerage: 1K SF to 1M+ SF
- Acquisitions: $5M to $100M+
Director of International Business Development
call: p: 858.519.3252 | c: 858.717.2417
“It is great to develop a successful business, but a truly great business is one we develop to enable all others involved to become greatly successful.”
Nour–Dean has 28 years of experience and a successful track record in leading the development and management of top-ranked gaming and hospitality operations and other successful ventures in the United States, Europe, and Latin America. Nour-Dean contributes a high level of international collaboration to the entire McKinney team.
His expertise and global connections allow the McKinney team to reach additional opportunities and assist our clients on an international platform. Nour-Dean is an expert at identifying not only the right international country to host an enterprise, but the unique opportunity to take there.
Nour-Dean is a seasoned expert in areas of development on an international basis. He has developed market studies, feasibility studies, and financial structures; in addition to having the diplomatic expertise with foreign governments to ensure the project both starts and finishes successfully at all levels. Nour-Dean is fluent in Spanish, Arabic, French, and English.
- Developed and managed Hilton International Gaming and hospitality properties throughout South America
- Developed and operated hotels, resorts, restaurants, and clubs nationwide in the USA
- Developed, financed, and operated gaming operations in the United States, Europe, and Mexico
Professional Development Organizations
- Global Gaming Association – Member
- World Lottery Association – Certified Member
- American Hotel Association – Certified Member
- Public Gaming Institution – Member
- CIBELAE – Certified Member
- International Business Development
- Strategic Investment Opportunities
- Raising Capital for Co-Investments
- Portfolio Strategy & Management
- Asset Management
Director of Alternative Investments
call: p: 858.519.3257 | c: 972.998.1041
“Dream often and dream big, but more importantly chase after your dreams”
Chris Ly’s mission is to make a real impact on people’s lives. As the Managing Director of McKinney Alternative Investments, Chris is specialized in cannabis real estate and cannabis operational value-add investments. Chris has raised over $25 million to acquire over $38 million in cannabis assets. McKinney’s cannabis portfolio has 138,000 square feet of assets under management spanning across three states.
After receiving three degrees in finance, real estate, and entrepreneurship from Baylor University, he became a commercial real estate appraiser specialized in the market valuation of industrial, retail, convenience stores, and other types of commercial real estate. He later opened a Jimmy John’s franchise which became the highest-grossing store in Houston within just two years of opening. In 2012, Chris started a real estate investment company in Dallas where he used hard money lending tools to purchase distressed assets. Chris then moved to California and gained cannabis industry operational experience as the Founder of 12/12 Palm, the award-winning cultivation company that supplied the signature brand for Tommy Chong (of ‘Cheech and Chong’).
Today, Chris is a trusted advisor and thought-leader as he bridges the gap between cannabis industry players and Wall Street-like investors. In 2019, Chris was recognized as a Top 40 Under 40 Business Leader by the San Diego Business Journal. Chris is also currently studying for his Master’s in Real Estate Development from Georgetown University. With his diverse background and accomplishments, Chris has positioned McKinney Capital on the cutting edge of the fastest-growing industry in the United States.
Experience by the Numbers
- $38M in assets under management
- 138K+ SF of cannabis real estate acquired by Mckinney Alternative Investments
- $25M in capital raised
Notable Valuation Projects
- Portfolio of all 36 Franklin Bank Branches across Texas
for the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC)
- FedEx’s 94,500 square foot distribution facility in
- Portfolio of all 32 Applebees restaurants for the
entire Houston Area
- Proposed Development 110,000 square foot
WalMart distribution plant in Seagram, Texas
Awards & Recongition
- San Diego 40 Under 40 Business Leaders 2019
- Featured in Newsweek article “Landlords are the winners in Pot’s Booming Business” in 2018
Director of Operations, Alternative Investments
call: p: 602.312.5232
“Running after meaning is healthier than simply avoiding discomfort.”
Robby S. Pinnamaneni is a cannabis investor and operator with a depth of industry experience focused on operations and development. Robby has developed vertically-integrated cannabis operations in California, Oklahoma, and Michigan with an aggregate value in excess of $100 million. While a partner at a corporate law firm, Robby started his cannabis career in 2015, moonlighting as a budtender on Melrose Avenue, to gain a “soup to nuts” understanding of the industry. Thereafter, Robby soon became an owner and operator under the medical and recreational adult-use framework in California, designing, developing and operating iconic Los-Angeles-based dispensaries generating $2 million in monthly revenue. Robby has participated in the launch and development of several successful cannabis brands, winning 1st place awards in prestigious Cannabis Cup competitions and quickly achieving statewide distribution which generated monthly sales in excess of $1 million. Having spent more than ten years as a corporate, real estate and restructuring attorney at top‐tier law firms, including Paul Hastings and Kirkland & Ellis, Robby has a keen focus on structuring investment opportunities that maximize return on investment while mitigating downside risk and maximizing exit opportunities. Prior to launching his legal career, Robby gained valuable investment banking and management consulting experiences. Robby graduated with a J.D. from Vanderbilt University, where he also earned a certification in Law & Business. He earned his M.S. in Financial Engineering from the University of Michigan, where he was President of his class, and his B.A. in Economics with Honors from the University of Chicago.
Today, Robby is regarded as a thought-leader in the emerging cannabis space and regularly speaks at industry conferences and events, with the goal of providing an approachable, value-based framework for developing the emerging cannabis economy with integrity.
- Negotiated and structured licensing and first-ever product co-branding agreement between cannabis mega-brand, Cookies, and Compound Genetics
- Negotiated and structured $19 million sale of 1.8-acre cannabis cultivation, retail, and distribution campus in Los Angeles to a Canadian public company
- Participated in the restructuring and sale of cannabis delivery company with 109 employees and $37 million in yearly revenue
- Facilitated, negotiated and structured divestiture of $6 million distressed volatile and non-volatile extraction campus in Adelanto, California
Experience by the Numbers
- Developed over $100 million in cannabis operations and assets across 3 states
- Raised and deployed over $60 million in equity in the cannabis industry
- Scaled vertically-integrated cannabis operation to $50 million yearly run rate
- Raised over $100,000 for Make-A-Wish
- International Cannabis Bar Association
- Judge, May 2019 SoCal Cannabis Cup
- Advised on pre-development of Netflix’s Cooked with Cannabis
Director of Marketing & Operations
call: p: 858.519.3253
“Every day I do what I love – develop creative strategies and work with a like-minded team to produce results.”
Tresa joined McKinney with a background in Marketing and has since held positions where she gained experience in corporate operations, strategic marketing, and commercial real estate. With ten years of marketing experience, she manages the marketing department which markets properties for sale, lease, and purchase all over the country.
After managing a successful rebrand in 2017, Tresa continues to manage the evolution of the Mckinney brand. Her specialties include target marketing, strategic planning, market positioning, and company operations. Her responsibilities include managing McKinney’s brand, website, events, marketing campaigns, networking organizations, communications, and digital marketing. Tresa manages all of the property brands from hotel properties to retail operations.
Tresa’s operational focus is managing the day-to-day business operations and human resources. Her job is to create and implement efficiencies in the workplace and recruit new team members. When Tresa is not creating marketing strategies, she can be found at the beach with her dog, Brandy, or on a hiking trail.
- Strategic Marketing
- Website & Digital Marketing
- Corporate Branding
- Property Marketing
- Human Relations
- Women in Business San Diego — Board Member
- 6 Degress — Member
- American Marketing Association — Member
Celebrating the Wins
- Managed a successful rebrand in 2017 for McKinney Capital & Advisory along with the Creative Services Manager including overseeing the new logo, creating a brand palette, defining the brand book, and designing new marketing collateral
- Corporate Branding & Marketing
- Creative Services
- Events & Sponsorships
- Community Impact Opportunities
Director of Operations, Special Projects
call: p: 858.519.3512
“Every day gives us the opportunity to serve, whether big or small.”
Rachel McKinney is passionate about operations and project management at McKinney Capital. Her role within the company is to ensure the long-term visions are met through management of daily operations and special projects. Rachel works across multiple industries from industrial to hospitality projects. Her expertise lies in business processes, project management, operations analysis, and people development. Rachel takes immense pride and joy in supporting employees, owners, and other stakeholders in their long-term vision for the business.
Rachel manages a variety of responsibilities including business development, marketing, event planning, and office administration. Charity and social causes being one of the founding tenets of McKinney, she designed and implemented nationally recognized charity events that not only made a social impact, but also allowed the team to network with prospective clients within an informal participative setting.
When Rachel is out of the office, she can be found actively donating her time to several nonprofits. She enjoys volunteering with local nonprofits and fundraising for Noah Homes. Rachel is also passionate about running, reading, writing, photography, and her dog, Duchess.
- Business Development
- Corporate Alliance — Member
- Noah Home — Board Member
- Kimera Orphanage, Uganda — Volunteer
- Crohns & Colitis Foundation — Team Challenge Member
- Hospitality Projects
- Special Projects
- Community Impact Opportunities
Creative Services Manager
call: p: 858.519.3244
“I’m guided by my passion to create what is, into what could be.”
Life has had a way of taking me through some twists and turns that have led me to where I believe I am meant to be – and I’ve enjoyed learning from every adventure. During my childhood, I lived in Thailand for six years where I attended an international school learning with and from with students who were from 40+ countries. Experiencing life abroad gave me a fierce sense of ambition to succeed and find meaning in everything I do.
Fast forward a decade to my first year out of college – spent at a large global real estate firm. Working there gave me a solid foundation, but I woke up each day with the feeling that something was missing. I began pursuing a teaching program with the hope of finding purpose. While on this path for just one term, I was introduced to a position at McKinney. It was here that I discovered the meaning I had been searching for, and I’ve been here full-time ever since. What continually amazes me about McKinney is our culture: all of us are devoted to helping each other become our new best selves every single day. My coworkers empower me to push the limits of marketing, brand storytelling, and graphic design beyond the confines of our industry. The result? I’ve found happiness in a career that merges my passion for creating, and my mission to bring ideas to life. Finding inspiration in the world around me, I am always thinking about how we can continue trailblazing the McKinney brand to the next level.
- Graphic Design using Adobe InDesign, Photoshop & Illustrator, Microsoft PowerPoint
- Brand Writing & Storytelling
- American Marketing Association – Member
- Brand Manage Camp Conference – 2017 Attendee
- Cause Marketing Conference – 2015, 2016 & 2017 Attendee
- SD Regional Chamber of Commerce – Member
- Adobe InDesign Ledet Training – Completed Course
Celebrating the Wins
- Launching a successful rebrand with the Director of Marketing in 2017: oversaw logo redesign, brand palette creation, brand guide development, and innovative brand collateral design
- Managing the corporate award application process over the past three years and securing Finalist or Winner for every award applied
- Corporate Branding & Marketing
- Creative Services
- Community Impact Opportunities
- Corporate Culture Development
J. Patrick McKee
Senior Vice President, Business Development
call: c: 602.908.3442
J. Patrick McKee joins McKinney with more than 30 years of experience in real estate, architectural/engineering and construction management industries. Acting as a Quality Control manager on many of the firm’s strategic accounts, Patrick is able to bring a best-practices approach to engagements across different industries, portfolio types and management challenges.
In the past, Patrick has served on Governors’ teams for economic development in Maryland, Pennsylvania and Oklahoma, and helped author the Oklahoma Business Incentives and Tax Information Guide for Economic Development.
Patrick has been a speaker at IAMC Forums, IDRC National Congresses and its Pac Rim Congress. In addition, he has addressed the National AIA Conference and Yale University. He was a finalist for the Volunteer of the Year for the State of Maryland and a published author in Site Selection magazine. In 2011, Patrick received the Michael P. Hickey Award honouring service providers who exemplify the spirit of the Industrial Asset Management Council (IAMC).
Awards & Recognition
- Michael P Hickey Award Winner – IAMC, 2011
- Volunteer of the Year Finalist – State of Maryland
- Business Development
- Increasing Workplace Efficiencies
- Commercial Real Estate Trends
Investor Relations & Government Liaison
call: p: 808.927.1983
For over 25 years, Eric Hamaguchi has been managing and designing value-add real estate. Eric acts as leader for McKinney in all Hawaiian projects and community relations. Eric has extensive experience in hospitality, retail, and commercial renovation projects and investments. Eric represents McKinney in Hawaii on all hospitality and asset management projects. Currently Eric is overseeing project management at the Modern Honolulu and formerly oversaw project management at Morimoto’s restaurant in Oahu.
Globally, Eric has been recognized as an instrumental leader in completing and processing projects that have a fair market value in excess of $800M. Eric’s has been active in the field of development in Hawaii and is associated with most major hotels throughout the Islands. His intellect, leadership, and project management skills represent millions of dollars in savings of owner assets. Eric has also traveled extensively throughout the United States and all Southeast Asian countries soliciting resources and assisting businesses to invest in Hawaii’s economy.
In his spare time Eric is known around the island for all the volunteering and charitable contributions he provides. He embodies the Hawaiian spirit of hospitality and graciousness.
- Investment Opportunities
- New Business Opportunities
Director of Business Development
call: p: 858.519.3504 | c: 858.229.5586
“Great investment opportunities are created, not found.”
Phil Aitken brings 23 years of experience in real estate brokerage and investments to the McKinney team. After pursuing independent investment projects over the last decade, Phil has returned to the McKinney team with a deep level of entrepreneurial and investment insight required to propel its business development strategy forward. An expert at modeling and analyzing data to identify the best candidates for healthy returns and minimal risk, Phil bridges the gap between capital and advisory services to better serve our clients every day.
- Corporate Services
- Portfolio Administration
- Tenant Representation
- Property & Asset Management
- Capital & Investments