Founder & CEO
call: p: 858.519.3248 | c: 562.889.2001
“If you merge what you’re passionate about doing with serving others, you don’t have a job—you have a future.”
Over the last 35 years, Damian has served clients in their commercial real estate brokerage and investment needs. Damian has managed the transactions for leases and purchases of all property types, totaling more than 2 billion dollars. Damian works with decision makers to leverage real estate and proficiencies towards bottom-line savings while protecting their interests. Damian sees McKinney as an extension of his family, and everyone at McKinney values his ability to calm the waters when they’re rough, and to serve as a guiding light.
Damian’s reputation is internationally recognized, strengthened by his deep understanding of the current economy and diverse experience in multi-market real estate transactions. After experiencing the level of care and integrity that Damian took with their companies’ real estate, many clients requested the same level of service in their individual real estate investing. Damian now invests in real estate on behalf of his clients. Damian is the expert at identifying value-added investment opportunities to fit each client’s needs. Damian lives his life for the sake of others. Whether working with clients or serving his family and the community, Damian’s goal is to empower others to become better versions of themselves through knowing the McKinney team.
- US Freightways – portfolio management of 5M+ SF distribution facilities nationwide
- Alberto Culver – portfolio management 3M+SF distribution facilities worldwide
- Union Supply Group – portfolio management 700,000+ SF industrial facilities nationwide
- Molina Healthcare & subsidiaries – portfolio management of 4.5M+ SF medical office nationwide
- HM Electronics – portfolio management of 203,070 SF industrial & manufacturing nationwide
Awards & Recognition
- San Diego Top 500 Influential 2016
- CoStar PowerBroker, 2015-2020
- SDBJ—Most Admired CEO—Finalist 2013, 2016 & 2017
- San Diego Daily Transcript’s Top Influential 2014<
- Corporate Alliance—Carma Award 2014
- Center for Wealth and Legacy—Inspiration Award 2014
- BYU—N. Eldon Tanner Award, “Mr. Integrity” 2014
- Real Estate Brokerage 1K SF to 1M+ SF
- Acquisitions $1M to $100M+
- Investors $50K to $500M+
Chief Financial Officer
call: c: 858.243.2111
“As CFO, I focus not on the bottom line, but on the relationships that create the bottom line.”
Lori McKinney has over 30 years of experience in maximizing finances in investments of real estate and portfolio management. She takes pride in providing clients with confidence in their real estate decisions by maintaining a fiduciary approach. Lori has been the CFO of McKinney since its inception in 2010, and in just five years, annual gross revenue doubled. Much of McKinney’s financial success is owed to Lori’s financial expertise and procedural capabilities.
Lori assists investors and owner-users in managing expenses, budgeting, and forecasts, as well as strategic remodels for maximum value adding in real estate investments. She is thorough and careful with each asset and maximizes value for future disposition. Lori also brings her financial expertise to the asset management team through financial forecasting and asset repositioning. She carefully prepares tax documents for all investors and keeps important dates for clients. Lori is responsible for everything that approaches a balance sheet or profit and loss statement.
Lori inspires the McKinney team to become better versions of themselves and ensures that team members are able to achieve personal growth and continuing education. McKinney team members look to Lori McKinney for her strength in leadership and calming presence. When Lori’s out of the office, she enjoys spending time with her grandkids and serving on the board of community organizations.
Awards & Recognition
- Winner, CFO of the Year – SDBJ, 2016
- Finalist, CFO of the Year – SDBJ, 2015
Certifications & Affiliations
- Tax preparation — Certification
- Certified Financial Planner
- Alpha Kappa Psi— Academic Group
- Ensuring Confidence in Real Estate Decisions
- Financial Forecasting
- Asset Management to Add Value
- Dynamic Team Building
Vice President of Asset Management
call: p: 858.519.3247 | c: 858.229.5597
“Dunlap 101: Start every day with gratitude and surround yourself with appreciative people.”
Julie has over 20 years of experience in commercial real estate and legal underwriting. Over the course of her two decades at McKinney, Julie Dunlap has become an integral member of its Executive Team. In that time, she has grown her talents in the commercial real estate industry across sales, research, networking, and relationship building. She oversees and manages corporate services and asset & property management and has an extensive proficiency coordinating real estate transactions with owners, real estate brokers, attorneys, and investors. She prepares and negotiates leases, reviews CAM reconciliations/annual budgeting, and maintains tenant relations.
Julie is also an integral part of the investment team, including the oversight of acquisitions and management of assets in excess of $500 million. If there’s one thing Julie knows, it’s that success is found in the details. She effectively manages critical dates, escrow requirements, and formation of all documents.
Julie is driven with unprecedented motivation – what makes her happiest is when clients are confident that she has their best interests at heart. Julie sparks the up-and-coming next generation of McKinney so they can manage all aspects of serving clients. As she builds teams to get projects across the finish line, her personality fires up, leads, and inspires. When she isn’t reviewing documents or on her Peloton, Julie can be found enjoying quiet time at home with her cat, Jasmine.
- 39-Unit Multi-Family Development, San Diego, CA (acquisition, property management & asset management)
- 40-Acre Residential Site Development, Rancho Santa Fe, CA (acquisition, property management & asset management)
- 39-Hotel Room & 32 Cottages Hotel, Avalon, CA (acquisition & disposition)
- Neighborhood House Association, San Diego, CA, 12,100 SF Kitchen and Office Facility
- The Cannery at Iwilei, Honolulu, HI, 100,000 SF office/industrial project (acquisition, property management, asset management & disposition)
- 414 Lesser Street, LLC, Oakland, CA, 63,000 SF office/industrial project (acquisition, property management & asset management)
- Airport Center, Honolulu HI 165,000 SF Class “B” office project (acquisition, property management, asset management & disposition)
Partial List of Clients Served
- Keesal, Young & Logan
- Neighborhood House Association
- Pacific 6
- Canvas on Willow/Chesapeake
- MMW Inglewood
- Gunderson Dettmer
- Multi-Location Corporate Services
- Real Estate Brokerage: 1K SF to 1M+ SF
- Acquisitions: $5M to $100M+
“Discovering the opportunity hidden in your challenge.”
Jamie Endres-Keller has been a part of the McKinney Capital family for over 20 years. Jamie’s greatest strengths lie in client relationships, creative transactional negotiations, and strategic planning. Since 2000, Jamie has been responsible for assisting clients with project planning and identification, market research and analysis, negotiations, property marketing, client and broker relations, and property and building management concerns.
Jamie leads a multi-disciplined team of professionals skilled in all aspects of commercial real estate transactions and focuses on bridging the gap between McKinney Capital and our brokerage team, housed at Avison Young. Jamie and her team’s organizational skills and technical acumen have helped them manage and achieve client’s goals. Jamie’s willingness to take ownership, her organic approach to problem-solving, and her ability to think creatively have contributed to the growth of McKinney Capital.
In addition to the above, Jamie has been a member of the McKinney Capital Executive Team since its inception in 2018 and serves as it’s Secretary.
When out of the office, Jamie enjoys spending time with her four boys and husband, traveling to new places, and reading both fiction and motivational books.
Experience by the Numbers
- 20+ years of real estate experience
- 1M+ SF of properties & assets managed
- $1.5B+ in real estate transactions managed
- 1B+ SF in corporate portfolios managed
Areas of Expertise
- Tenant Representation
- Corporate Portfolio Management
- Lease Administration
- Property & Asset Management
Community & Industry Involvement
- Sweetwater Valley Little League – Former Board Member and Secretary
- Sunnyside Elementary—Volunteer and Supporter
- Ronald McDonald House – Volunteer and Supporter
- Vista Community Clinic – Supporter
Carol Sonnenberg, CPA
Vice President of Finance
call: p: 858.212.3417
“Look for and appreciate the strengths in the people in your life, you will all be better for it.”
Carol Sonnenberg is focused on developing and maintaining financial reporting systems to meet the various needs of McKinney staff, investors, lenders, banks, and partners. Carol oversees the finance team and financial reporting to maintain accurate financial records for over 30 entities, including investment properties, within the McKinney organization.
Carol has had a rewarding career in accounting and finance since her high school days. She started her career in her father’s CPA firm working her way from receptionist to auditor and to partner, performing 1000s of audits in her 20 years with the firm as well as managing clients and staff. Along the way, Carol served on a variety of nonprofit Board of Directors, gaining valuable insight on C-Suite operations, strategic planning, and managing donor relations.
In 2016, Carol started her own CPA firm to provide accounting services, fractional CFO support, and advisory services to small business owners and nonprofit CEOs. Carol joined the McKinney team in 2020 and enjoys working closely with CFO Lori McKinney and our accounting staff as they strive for accurate, efficient, and meaningful financial data.
In her free time, Carol enjoys her life in Utah, with plenty of snowboarding, time with her fun family, and working with her horses.
- Financial Reporting
- Cash Flow Management
- Internal Controls for Varity of Entity Types & Industries
- California Polytechnic University, Pomona
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, Major in Management and Human Resources
- University of San Diego, School of Leadership and Education Sciences
Adjunct Professor, Master of Arts in Nonprofit Leadership.
- California International Business University
Adjunct Professor, Master of Science in Business Administration
- California CPA License – Active since 1992
- American Institute of CPAs – CPA Expert Panel
- Girl Scouts San Diego Imperial Council, Inc. – Past Chair
- Partnerships with Industry – Past Board Member
- Nonprofit Management Solutions – Past Board Member/Treasurer
- San Diego Blood Bank – Past Board Member
- National Foundation for Autism Research – Supporter
- SPORTS for Exceptional Athletes – Founding Treasurer
Director of International Business Development
call: p: 858.519.3252 | c: 858.717.2417
“It is great to develop a successful business, but a truly great business is one we develop to enable all others involved to become greatly successful.”
Nour–Dean has 30 years of experience and a successful track record in leading the development and management of top-ranked gaming and hospitality operations and other successful ventures in the United States, Europe, Africa, and Latin America.
Nour-Dean contributes a high level of business development and international collaboration to the entire McKinney team. His expertise and global connections allow the McKinney team to reach additional opportunities and assist our capital partners and clients on an international platform.
Nour-Dean is an expert at identifying not only the right opportunity and international country to host an enterprise, but also the right capital partners and the unique opportunity to take there.
Nour-Dean is a seasoned expert in areas of development and operations on an international basis. He has developed market studies, feasibility studies, and operating and financial structures; in addition to having the diplomatic expertise with foreign governments to ensure the project both starts and finishes successfully at all levels. Nour-Dean is fluent in Spanish, Arabic, French, and English.
- Developed and managed Hilton International Gaming and hospitality properties throughout South America
- Developed and operated hotels, resorts, restaurants, and clubs nationwide in the USA
- Developed, financed, and operated gaming operations in the United States, Europe, and Mexico
- Developed, financed, and launched hospitality and multifamily property development operations in Morocco, including Eden Gardens multifamily development and The Intercontinental hospitality & multifamily development
Professional Development Organizations
- Global Gaming Association – Member
- World Lottery Association – Certified Member
- American Hotel Association – Certified Member
- Public Gaming Institution – Member
- CIBELAE – Certified Member
- International Business Development
- Strategic Investment Opportunities
- Raising Capital for Co-Investments
- Portfolio Strategy & Management
- Asset Management
Investor Relations & Government Liaison
call: p: 808.927.1983
For over 25 years, Eric Hamaguchi has been managing and designing value-add real estate. Eric acts as leader for McKinney in all Hawaiian projects and community relations. Eric has extensive experience in hospitality, retail, and commercial renovation projects and investments. Eric represents McKinney in Hawaii on all hospitality and asset management projects. Currently Eric is overseeing project management at the Modern Honolulu and formerly oversaw project management at Morimoto’s restaurant in Oahu.
Globally, Eric has been recognized as an instrumental leader in completing and processing projects that have a fair market value in excess of $800M. Eric’s has been active in the field of development in Hawaii and is associated with most major hotels throughout the Islands. His intellect, leadership, and project management skills represent millions of dollars in savings of owner assets. Eric has also traveled extensively throughout the United States and all Southeast Asian countries soliciting resources and assisting businesses to invest in Hawaii’s economy.
In his spare time Eric is known around the island for all the volunteering and charitable contributions he provides. He embodies the Hawaiian spirit of hospitality and graciousness.
- Investment Opportunities
- New Business Opportunities
Director of Investor Relations
call: p: 858.243.0604
“Every day gives us the opportunity to serve, whether big or small.”
As our Director of Investor Relations, Rachel McKinney leads investor onboarding, updates, and communications at McKinney Capital. Rachel enjoys getting to know our investors and helping to match their unique investment strategies to the right McKinney investments.
Rachel assists with asset management in our hospitality division, most recently overseeing operations at Hermosa Hotel on Catalina Island. Rachel has implemented capital improvement projects and daily management to ensure the long-term visions are met through management of daily operations.
Rachel works across multiple industries from multifamily to hospitality projects. Her expertise lies in business processes, project management, operations analysis, and people development. Rachel takes immense pride and joy in supporting employees, owners, and all stakeholders in the long-term vision for the investment.
When Rachel is out of the office, she can be found actively donating her time to several nonprofits. Rachel is also passionate about triathlons, photography, baking, and her dog, Joy.
- BA, Loyola Marymount University
- MA, University of Chicago
- MBA, University of San Diego
- Asset Management
- Marketing & Sales
- Business Development
- Corporate Alliance — Member
- Noah Home — Board Member
- Kimera Orphanage, Uganda — Volunteer
- Crohns & Colitis Foundation — Team Challenge Member
- Hospitality Projects
- Investor Relations
- Special Projects
- Community Impact Opportunities
call: p: 949.246.7206
“Always be intentional.”
Donna has over 20 years’ experience in commercial real estate. Her involvement was primarily representing the client side of the real estate business. She is currently property managing 3 assets totaling 250,000 sf of commercial properties in the San Diego and Long Beach area. She adds value to clients focusing on reducing operating expenses and improving property operations and fostering relationships with tenants. Donna’s integrity and strong work ethic have helped her build strong relationships with professionals in the industry. She works on leveraging her expertise and connections to add value and create opportunities for clients, tenants, team members and vendors alike. Her approach in working with a client is to first develop a positive relationship by understanding the business strategy and focus on being part of the solution.
Donna is driven and a force in the workplace with her consistent positive attitude and tireless energy to encourage others to work hard and succeed. She handles challenges with ease while being pro-active and a critical thinker. She is reliable on short notice with a positive attitude with positive results. She is inspired by her husband and their son and daughter. In her free time, Donna enjoys hiking, avid runner, and enjoys vacationing with her family.
Bachelor of Arts Degree in Real Estate Studies
California Real Estate License
Partial List of Clients Served
- Sason Properties
- Molina Healthcare
- Chevron Inc
- Bank of America
- Apria Healthcare
Tresa Dalton Pugmire
Director of Operations
call: p: 858.519.3253
“Every day I do what I love – develop creative strategies and work with a like-minded team to produce results.”
Tresa joined McKinney with a background in Marketing and has since held positions where she gained experience in corporate operations, strategic marketing, and commercial real estate. With ten years of operations experience, she manages the marketing department which markets properties for sale, lease, and purchase all over the country.
Tresa’s specialties include target marketing, strategic planning, market positioning, and company operations. Her responsibilities include managing McKinney’s brand, website, events, marketing campaigns, networking organizations, communications, and digital marketing.
Tresa’s operational focus is managing the day-to-day business operations and human resources. Her job is to create and implement efficiencies in the workplace and recruit new team members. When Tresa is not creating marketing strategies, she can be found at the beach with her dog, Brandy, or on a hiking trail.
- Processes & Procedures
- Strategic Marketing
- Website & Digital Marketing
- Human Relations
- Women in Business San Diego — Board President
- American Marketing Association — Member
- Events & Sponsorships
- Community Impact Opportunities
call: p: 858.519.3244
“I’m guided by my passion to create what is, into what could be.”
Life has had a way of taking me through some twists and turns that have led me to where I believe I am meant to be – and I’ve enjoyed learning from every adventure. During my childhood, I lived in Thailand for six years where I attended an international school learning with and from with students who were from 40+ countries. Experiencing life abroad gave me a fierce sense of ambition to succeed and find meaning in everything I do.
Fast forward a decade to my first year out of college – spent at a large global real estate firm. Working there gave me a solid foundation, but I woke up each day with the feeling that something was missing. I began pursuing a teaching program with the hope of finding purpose. While on this path for just one term, I was introduced to a position at McKinney. It was here that I discovered the meaning I had been searching for, and I’ve been here full-time ever since. What continually amazes me about McKinney is our culture: all of us are devoted to helping each other become our new best selves every single day. My coworkers empower me to push the limits of marketing, brand storytelling, and graphic design beyond the confines of our industry. The result? I’ve found happiness in a career that merges my passion for creating, and my mission to bring ideas to life. Finding inspiration in the world around me, I am always thinking about how we can continue trailblazing the McKinney brand to the next level.
- Graphic Design using Adobe InDesign, Photoshop & Illustrator, Microsoft PowerPoint
- Brand Writing & Storytelling
- American Marketing Association – Member
- Brand Manage Camp Conference – 2017 Attendee
- Cause Marketing Conference – 2015, 2016 & 2017 Attendee
- SD Regional Chamber of Commerce – Member
- Adobe InDesign Ledet Training – Completed Course
Celebrating the Wins
- Launching a successful rebrand with the Director of Marketing in 2017: oversaw logo redesign, brand palette creation, brand guide development, and innovative brand collateral design
- Managing the corporate award application process over the past three years and securing Finalist or Winner for every award applied
- Corporate Branding & Marketing
- Creative Services
- Community Impact Opportunities
- Corporate Culture Development
“Surround yourself with good people and the rest will follow.”
Though his background is in Finance and Accounting, Ryan brings to the McKinney Capital team experience in property management, specifically managing tenant-landlord relationships. Since joining the team, Ryan has specialized in maintaining effective accounting procedures, particularly in revenues and making sure accurate financial statements are prepared. Ryan works closely with management to ensure projects are ran efficiently so that precise statements can be delivered to investors. Ryan also contributes to each project’s tax preparation and 1099 reporting. His other responsibilities include keeping up close vendor relations and supporting property managers with day-to-day operations.
- Client and Vendor Relations
- Financial Reporting & Forecasting
- Finding more Efficient Ways to do Business
- Money-Saving Strategies
Notable Project Experience
- Set up of Accounting Software Systems for new Properties
- Annual Tax Preparation
- Annual Property Budgets
- Vendor Payment
- Accounts Payable
- Property Accounting
“No matter how difficult or impossible something is, continue to challenge yourself and never lose sight of your goal”
Andrew graduated from Chapman University in 2020 after studying Business at Argyros School of Business and Economics. Born and raised In Santa Clarita, CA and he now resides in Orange County. Andrew has a strong attention for detail and a high degree of problem-solving skills. He provides accounting services to McKinney entities and investments located in California and Michigan.
- Bank Account Reconciliation
- Credit Card Expense Management
- Proficient in QuickBooks & Bill.com
- Investor Portal
- Tax Filing Preparation
- Financial Statement Preparation
Notable Project Experience
- Construction phase accounting in Michigan and California
- San Diego apartment construction accounting
- Vendor Payment
- Accounts Payable
- Property Accounting